Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Chase

The door
The chase
The dream that I now face
Neither here
Nor there
But almost anywhere
It rains
It falls
The Kingdom always calls
A seed
A plant
A wild growing chant
A stretch
A reach
Grace enough for each

Redemption calls
Mercy falls
Awakened I run free
Tomorrow comes
I am not done
And back again I go

The dark
A pit
The emptiness screams quit
A cry
A voice
Another choice
Believe
Let go
Let Him save your soul
Begin
Again
Give Him control in
Your words
Your heart
To set your soul apart
To walk
To run
And bask beneath the sun
Run true
Run fast
Know that it will last
The door
The chase
The dream that I now face


I wrote this poem reflecting my feelings about doing TREK. TREK itself has been a dream for me for several years; I see it partly as a stepping stone to my vocation of ministry and missions. At times I feel inadequate, worried, like I should quit now before I go. But every time I go there, God pulls me right back out. He is so good to me, even when I am at my worst, or when life has knocked me down. I pray that in all I do, I will bring His Name honor and glory.

No comments: