Saturday, February 5, 2011

Hard Silence

I wrote this poem a few years ago, but it seems rather timely for me right now. I've been struggling a lot with doing my God time the last couple weeks. I think it started as one of those, "oh, I'll do it later" things, but has evolved into something within my heart resisting even when I start to pray. Prayer walking during church tonight was good, and definitely broke away some of that resistance, but I'm still several steps from where I should be. I need to spend some time in the hard silence.


Hard Silence

In the hard silence
Come those moments
The ones you live for
The ones you'd die for
The moments that change you
The moments that renew you
The moments that cleanse you
They come in the hard silence

So take a step back
Let the moment in
Search hard for the silence
That makes you new again
'Cause after you go looking
And calm yourself a while
You'll find that He's there
Waiting in the hard silence

No comments: